Saturday, April 2, 2011

Northern California Day 1: Flying Southwest

I arrived at the airport about an hour and a half before my flight, thinking that would be plenty of time to check my bags, get through security, and find my gate. Little did I know that Southwest had grounded several planes earlier in the day due to a tear in a jet's skin mid-flight from Phoneix to Sacramento. Apparently passangers could see the sky while at 30,000. Don't worry, I flew into Sacramento.

I made it to my flight on time, got my luggage and headed to the rental car counter where I was great by Ryan, my friendly Enterprise agent. He "discreetly" mentioned he's 30, gave me a free upgrade and left a message on my phone later in the evening letting me know he forgot to write down my lisence plate number. Apparently he was "distracted" and was hoping I could please call him back. Hey, I'm happy to take the Hyundai Elantra over the Chevy Aveo I was supposed to be driving.

Currently, I'm sitting in my hotel researching ways to get my ears to pop. Words to the wise: don't fly with a cold unless you want to be deaf in one ear. Hopefully tomorrow brings relief and some great interactions with students at the first college fair.

No comments: